Rules and Regulations
1. This event/contest is open to all Singapore Residents except employees of Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.
2. All images should be submitted online before 16 Aug 2007.
3. There is no restriction on the choice of subject matter, photographers are free to send in any form of works as long as they adhere to the following clause(4)
4. Any submission containing sexually explict, vulgar, pornographic material or slanderous material would be immediately disqualified.
5. Only digital files submitted via the uploading facility on the website will be accepted. Your digital file submissions should be max 300KB in size, JPEG format, sRGB and 1280 pixels on its longest dimension. Participants are responsible for downsizing the image for submission.
For selected works, you will be required to provide the original high-resolution file which should have a pixel dimension of at least 2000×1500.
6. Each participant is eligible to submit at maximum of 3 entries. Each entry should be accompanied by a title with a short caption about how the photography touches you.
7. There should be no digital replacement or alteration of the subject contents other than minor white balance or tonal adjustments.
8. The contestant must be the sole copyright owner of all his submission entries. SPH reserves the right to disqualify any prize winners who do not own the copyrights to their entries and recover the prizes awarded.
9. Owners of selected works are required to grant SPH free usage rights which may include the following:
* Publicity and marketing materials for use by SPH (including print, digital, and for public display), the original high resolution picture would be required;
* Download from a SPH appointed website as a desktop background and/or screensaver;
* Publishing rights.
* Editing and resizing the selected submissions.
* SPH will have usage rights to the submissions until 31 December 2009
10. For prize winning entries, the owners will retain all copyright, but must agree to grant SPH perpetual rights for any form of usage.11. Entries must not have won prizes in any other competiition.
12. Winners of contest will be notified by email and/or phone. The winning 3 entries will also be acknowledged on the contest website for 1 week. Note that all judges decision are final.
13. Prizes not collected by 30 September 2007 will be forfeited.
14. By submitting your entry, you will be deemed to have agreed to all the terms and conditions as stated.
15. Entry files must be renamed according to contestants NRIC number. i.e S1234567A_1.jpg, S1234567A_2.jpg, S1234567A_3.jpg respectively for 3 entries and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org