诞生于稀有的闰年闰日（即2月29日），并取闰日之代表数字为名的2902摄影艺廊，诚意邀请您于来临的21－22日周末，前来参与一场别开生面的“生日派对”兼1周年节庆活动 －《墙光掠影》 ！
ON THE WALL（OTW）– PHOTO BAZAAR
“以‘墙’为幕 ，投映不同‘光’景底下稍然‘掠’过的生活缩‘影’. . . ”
作为本地摄影界的第4代先锋，2902成立迄今虽才短短一年，却已举办了14个摄影展，参展的摄影艺术家更是多达51位，当中不乏许多新崛起的摄影新秀！去年10月，2902还以极有限的资源大举筹办史无前例的新加坡国际摄影节（Singapore International Photography Festival），堪称是本地摄影界的一个新里程碑！为期3周的摄影节不仅在多达7个展览地点，展示逾800件来自世界各地的顶尖摄影作品，还广邀众多国际知名的海外摄影权威齐聚本地，举办了一系列具有突破性的摄影工作坊、专题讲座及座谈会等等，为开拓本地摄影社群的视野给予了不俗的贡献。
地点：2902 Gallery @ Old School, 11b Mount Sophia, #B2-09
咨询：6339 8655 或电邮 firstname.lastname@example.org
Born on 29th Feb is No Excuse Not to Celebrate!
ON THE WALL Photo Bazaar & 2902 Gallery invites You to Photo Community Gathering with New Works, Photo Scavenger Hunt and 1st Anniversary Party.
12 Feb 2009, Thursday – Born on Leap Day, 2902 Gallery is proud to bring you ON THE WALL ~ Photo Bazaar, Singapore’s very own (probably the one and only) photography weekend madness that deals with anything and everything pertaining to PHOTOGRAPHY!
ON THE WALL (OTW) is a quarterly community gathering with a special focus on photography. As part of community outreach programmes, OTW provides budding photographers and emerging artists an interesting yet affordable platform to showcase and to promote their fine art prints. For hobbyists and enthusiasts, it a good opportunity to network and exchange ideas, or simply buy/sell camera gears, photography publication as well as other photographic-related items in this “photo bazaar”.
Birthday Month for 2902 – OTW in Feb carries an element of celebration! 2902 Gallery turns 1 year old! Asides from the tradition of cake cutting and drinks, the real (visual) feast is 200 over new works from 24 photographers (made up of people from all walks of life), with a wide spectrum of genres ranging from conceptual fine art works to documentary photojournalism stories.
Enough of Guessing Game – For 2 days (21st & 22nd Feb), a series of photographer’s dialogue sessions and hands-on area are open to everyone who enjoy and wish to understand photography better. In the evening, enjoy complimentary drinks from Martell while being inspired by slides show from different countries to inspire and to spur you on towards new works. For those who wish to hone their skills, Sunday afternoon is the Photo Scavenger Hunt with attractive prizes to give away.
Heartfelt Gratitude– This is an event for everyone who loves photography, interested in photography or simply curious about photography. We are grateful for the generous supports from the community in past one year. There is no excuse for us to miss out anyone in this celebration. See you on 21st Feb at 2902 Gallery.
Date: 21 & 22 Feb 2009 (Sat & Sun)
Venue: 2902 Gallery, Old School, 11b Mount Sophia #B2-09, Singapore 228466
Time: 1pm – 9pm
Admission: Free (for programme details & booth rental, please enquiry via email)
Synopsis of Practical Tips & Dialogue Sessions
– All sessions are free, unless otherwise stated.
– Vacancies are limited to 30 pax.
– Please register (full name, contact, programme title) to email@example.com
– Please arrive 10mins early for registration. Latecomers will risk losing ur spot to those on the waiting list who arrive on time.
Practical Tips I – B&W Archival Inkjet Printing (1 hr)
* How to convert colour prints to black & white? What profile should you select in order to get the right shade / tone?
* Participants will get to make prints for free during the workshop, with complimentary paper samplers to be given away.
Dialogue Session I – Dollars & Sense On Photography Works (1 hr)
* A sharing session on the “gray area” of sticking a price tag to your photography work.
* What is considered as reasonable & realistic pricing? What are the factors that will affect the value of your work? What is the importance of presentation on your works?
Dialogue Session II – Being A Commercial Photographer (1 hr)
* Are you thinking of making a career switch? Hear from fellow commercial photographers to find out what it takes to be a full-fledged commercial photographer (& how to stay in the job!)
22nd FEB, Sun (1pm – 9pm)
Practical Tips II – Digitising Your Negatives (1 hr)
* How to create good digital files at home? What are important things to avoid? What are sufficient file sizes for the desired output?
* Participants are encouraged to bring your own laptop if possible
Practical Tips III – Collecting Photography Works (1 hr)
* What makes a photography work worthy for collection? What are the factors to consider in acquiring works? How to ensure that your collection retains its value?
3.30pm : Dialogue Session III – Being A Photojournalist (1 hr)
* Hear first hand accounts from Mathias Heng, a photojournalist who have spent much of his time documenting war, disaster, poverty, social issues & humanity.
4pm : Practical Tips IV – Planning Your Own Photo Exhibition (1 hr)
* What consitute a body of work? How to avoid bursting the budget for exhibition? What kind of presentation format should be employed?